I feel like I am probably the millionth person to be writing goals out for the new year, BUT blogging is how I process & publicizing helps keep me accountable. ‘Resolutions’ to me, have always had a negative connotation. I just don’t take the word very seriously considering most of my resolutions only hold up until early February, IF that. 😂 I am much more motivated to accomplish a goal rather than a resolution, for whatever reason. However, today I read something that really shifted my perspective. It read,
” Intentions, unlike resolutions or goals, give us permission not to reach an end, but accept the journey, mindfulness and patience in the pursuit of personal growth. ”
I think to set intentions, rather than goals, gives yourself a lot more grace. It makes setting those standards not so intimidating, and gives you permission to take alternatives routes, even if it means not exactly meeting your ‘goal’. So without further ado, here are my intentions for 2018.
- Join a class – kickboxing, cycling, or sometime of boot camp.
- Run 3 x a week
- Prioritize how I spend my energy & use it wisely
- Continue meal prepping weekly
- Only one cup of coffee daily (#prayforme)
- Daily time in prayer & scripture
- Join a new bible study
- Find a new church in our new city & become members
- Study a book on Christian marriage
- Tithe weekly
- Grow our long term savings
- Find a way to give back in our community financially
- Control emotions – realize what is & isn’t worth getting sad / mad / emotional over
- Be slow to anger, slow to speak, quick to listen
- Practice humility in arguments – learn to apologize first
- Prioritize one-on-one time with Zack weekly
- Invest in consistent friendships
- Spend time with family weekly
These are the most important intentions I have for 2018. I’d love to hear yours in the ‘Leave a Reply’ section below!
Cheers to 2018!